Monday, August 16, 2010

Revenge via Air Compressor

Dear Dr. Wood,
My neighbor insists on using his power tools and other lawn equipment at all hours of the day and night. He even has office furniture delivered at five in the morning, backing a truck up the driveway between our houses while making that annoying "BEEP BEEP" reverse noise. I have tried talking to him, but to no avail. Do you think it would be acceptable for me to park an air compressor under his bedroom window and let it go? If not, do you have any other suggestions for how to deal with this tricky situation?
Sincerely,
Had It Up To Here

Dear Had It Up to Here,
I am glad you consulted me on this, because I think having a doctor's opinion is helpful for such a tricky issue. I feel you have every right to park the air compressor next to the neighbor's bedroom. As they say, turnabout is fair play. One thing I have learned is that certain people are louder than others. Starting the air compressor will let this neighbor know that he is, unfortunately, one of those people. We try to be touchy feely here at AskHeather, but sometimes being nice doesn't always work.
Sincerely,
Dr. Wood

No comments: