Monday, August 16, 2010

Dehydration

Dear Heather,
I couldn't help but notice the oppressive heat here in Dallas. My yard is dying more and more everyday. Also, when I get into my car in the late afternoon, when it has been sitting in the sun, I feel as though all the little plastic pieces, dials, and knobs are moments away from melting. At least I can go inside my home and enjoy the miracle of air conditioning. But what about the wildlife? Where do they go to escape? Would opening all the doors and windows help to air condition the outside world? I just don't understand. Why is it so hot? Is this hell?
Dehydrated and Confused,
Dallas, TX

Dear Dehydrated and Confused,
I have received many heat-related questions lately and have been thinking a lot about this issue. After much rumination, I have come to the conclusion, that, yes this is hell. I wish I could be more positive, but it feels like Dante's Inferno out there. I imagine the wildlife are hiding underground in some cool, dark place. I would recommend a cool, dark refuge for you as well with many cold beverages nearby until temperatures subside.
Sincerely,
Heather

No comments: