Thursday, August 19, 2010

Online Public Identity Crisis

Lypso,
I also wanted to add a few ideas if the cognac doesn't work. As an advice columnist, you can imagine I need a certain amount of positive self-talk to navigate this extensive world of suffering, despair, and stolen artistic ideas by people who say they're friends online but are vampires in real life. It is with this in mind, that I often say, aloud and to myself, it's a free coun-try. I say it just like that, so it rhymes. If I believe my own half-convincing, self-talk, then it must be ok to destroy your page, your public identity. I feel limiting access to your true self, is at times a positive gesture. The only serious risk here is that your real friends on Facebook will miss you and beg you to come back.
Hope this helps,
Heather

No comments: