Monday, May 11, 2009


Dear Heather,
I have an Ex who won't stay in my past. What can I do? Ignoring them does not seem to work.
Itchy Trigger Finger
Austin, TX

Dear Itchy,
Dealing with exes can be awkward and uncomfortable at times. Have you tried changing the locks and getting a new phone number? Those are usually excellent ways of preventing contact. In the worst case scenario, you could get a restraining order but that requires legal action which I usually don't advise my clients to pursue. When it comes to lawsuits, the cost to the pocketbook and psychi can be greater than the judicial payoff.

No comments: